Reno Saccoccia Field @ Harding Stadium (Death Valley) TIMELINE:
* 1928: Construction approved by BOE, started in 1929 & completed in 1930 at a cost of $45,000.
*1929: Originally had natural grass playing surface with a cindered track.
* 1929: Original seating capacity was 4,800.
* 1930: Dedicated on September 26th, 1930 with a 39-0 victory over Pittsburgh Oliver.
* 1930: First TD scored in Harding Stadium was by George "Puck" Burgwin on a 12 yard run in the 1st quarter, and he also added the first PAT. Burgwin would tally 182 yards on the day.
* 1930: First night game was on October 10th, 1930 with a 45-0 victory over Columbus Central....that game was among the first ever night games played in the Buckeye State.
* 1931: National Rushing Record set in 1931's 68-0 victory over Massillon as Big Red rushed for 734 yards on the cool fall evening.
* 1940: Bleachers added to boost totals to near 6,000.
* 1942's 76-7 victory over Dayton Stivers marked the most points Big Red has ever scored in Death Valley.
* 1946: Original scoreboard built.
* 1948: New lighting added by the Big Red Booster Club which increased illumination by 50%
* 1956's 66 points by the Canton McKinley Bulldogs marked the most points that a visitor has ever scored in Harding Stadium.
* 1965: Expanded in 1966 for All American Conference play to present capacity of 10,000.
* 1970: World famous "Man O' War", the fire-breathing horse made his appearance.
* 1977: Computer graphics/message board , debuted during Cincinnati St. Xavier game of 1977, was first of its kind in high school football.
*1977: First Ohio high school stadium to have "miked" referees.
* 1993: New pressbox built.
* 1997: New video replay scoreboard built.
*1997: New sound system installed.
* 1999: New in-ground irrigation system installed.
* 2001: New lighting system installed.
*2002: New fencing installed.
* 2002: New lower concession stand/restrooms and general renovations completed.
* 2003: New upper concession stand/restrooms and new home-side light standards completed.
* 2004: ProGrass synthetic field turf installed.
* 2004: Daktronics Video Board installed.
* 2007: Reno Field added to official name of stadium.
* 2009: Upgraded Surround Sound Sytem.
* 2010: New West Endzone stands.
*2011: New Varsity digital scoreboard.
*2011: Play clocks.
*2012: Replaced old turf with new AstroTurf field turf.
*2012:: Upgraded lighting.
*2013: Expansion of the Abe Bryan Press Box.
*2015: Daktronics video scoreboard and play clocks.
*2015: Full remodel of scoreboard structure.
*2016: Renovation of home stands, visitor endzone, new LED lighting, and new visitor locker room. Present actual number o seats is 7,112.